Wednesday 10 July 2013

The sky looks so pretty tonight

I feel....better. My pet rat is with me on the front porch of our building. She is afraid of almost everything so she likes to hide in my shirt and just poke her head out a bit to sniff the air. It's adorable!

The sun has not fully set so the sky is a gradient of blues. My favourite colour is teal which is painting a small part of the sky.

The community outreach worker at the local community centre was so much more helpful than I expected. We hoped we could get help with getting a pair of running shoes for my DD and a couple t-shirts and shorts. She has barely any summer clothes. We ended up with $50 voucher for the goodwill store! And that was just for the clothing. She gave my DH bus tickets, gave us grocery gift cards and a couple vouchers for the neighbourhood market.

I kept my DD out super late for her. I was trying to find shoes for her. Goodwill was amazing! 8 summer bottoms (shorts and skorts and one skirt), 7 tops (tanks and tees) and two dresses. I plan to visit Walmart with her tomorrow to find runners or tennis shoes on sale. At least I'm crossing my fingers.

Being able to get clothes for her made me feel so much better. I hate not being able to provide for my family. It makes me feel worthless. And since Miss Jangles died I've been very depressed.

It's nice to feel a bit better.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment