Monday 6 January 2014

When it rains, it pours.

It's after 2:30 in the morning and I'm still awake. My heart feels like it's ready to burst out of my chest,  but it's also fluttering. I've taken 15 milligrams of melatonin and my evening medication. I tried lying on my back supporting my neck; everything feels like it's shaking inside.
I'm so tired, but I can't seem to keep my eyes closed. I'm so restless my movements are jerky. I toss and turn, I even shake a little.  I have found myself making the small involuntary movements that I do in a serious panic attack. Where my arm starts to jerk or spasm, but I can't control it, I can't stop it. The best I'm able to do is to channel the involuntary movements to another part of my body. So I go from moving my arm sporadically to opening and closing my fist repeatedly. Or sometimes I just start tapping something over and over again.
I'm so very tired of being so tired.
My car broke down, child support is overdue and we are very broke. I have the flu, my pet rat is hurt and we have no way of treating her. I don't even have enough to get infant Advil for her pain and swelling.
My DD is still pushing her limits; welcome to puberty! And I'm not sure if I can give her what she needs.  I'm supposed to be teaching her how to manage her emotions, how to be a responsible person. How can I do that for her when I can rarely do it for myself?
My DH struggles with more than his share of problems. Mental illness is a constant companion in this home. And on top of his own issues he has to deal with a wife who is always ill and a stepdaughter that always pushes his buttons. Are we really equipped to deal with her?

No comments:

Post a Comment