Friday 10 January 2014

Like taking a good crap and getting a good night's sleep will fix every *bleep*ing thing!!!



1. No, I don't look sick.  But I am.
2. Yes, everybody does get tired. But not completely and overwhelmingly exhausted.
3. Oh yes, mid thirties.  All of a sudden I understand why I have been suffering for years...I'm old now.
4. Get out more?  And do what exactly?  How will leaving my home more help me?
5. You did NOT just say that!?!

I saw this picture on FaceBook earlier today.  I shared it in hopes that others will actually read it and remember it the next time that they think to talk to me about my illness.  Number five is the one that I have the biggest problem with.  As if I have never thought about trying to lose weight?

People look at me and see an overweight woman, some people think I just eat too much junk food or drink to much soda.  It's not that easy.  Do you know what it is like to have this debilitating disease?  I do.  And I tell you now that I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  The kind of pain it has caused me should be reserved for evil people in the deepest part of hell.

I barely sleep at night, I am tired all day.  Sometimes my brain is so filled with cotton that I cannot remember my name or birthday.  Some days the pain is so bad that I can't handle the touch of my pants on my legs.  And yet I get out of bed in the mornings, get my daughter ready for school and help my husband prepare for work.  Soon I will be working again and I will be getting myself ready for a full work day.  I cook, sometimes clean, work/look for work, grocery shop, go to appointments and everything else any other adult does.

I have found a list of symptoms that are common with Fibromyalgia (FM) on About.com and you can see the full article and list by clicking here.  Below I have included the symptoms that I have from the list.  Until you have felt all of this, don't judge me or my life.

FIBROMYALGIA SYMPTOMS CHECKLIST

General Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Delayed reactions to physical exertion or stressful events
  • Sweats
  • Unexplained weight gain or loss
  • Cravings for carbohydrate and chocolate
  • Headaches & migraines
  • Vision changes, including rapidly worsening vision

Muscle & Tissue-Related Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Pain that ranges from mild to severe, and may move around the body (See The 7 Types of Fibromyalgia Pain)
  • Morning stiffness
  • Muscle twitches
  • Diffuse swelling
  • Fibrocystic (lumpy, tender) breasts (as an overlapping condition)

Sinus & Allergy-Related Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Allergies
  • Post nasal drip
  • Runny nose
  • Mold & yeast sensitivity
  • Shortness of breath
  • Earaches & itchy ears
  • Ringing ears (tinitis)
  • Thick secretions

Sleep-Related Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Light and/or broken sleep pattern with unrefreshing sleep
  • Fatigue
  • Sleep starts (falling sensations)
  • Twitchy muscles at night
  • Teeth grinding (bruxism)

Reproductive Fibromyalgia Symptoms

Abdominal & Digestive Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Bloating & nausea
  • Abdominal cramps
  • Pelvic pain
  • Irritable bowel syndrome (as an overlapping condition)

Cognitive/Neurological Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Difficulty speaking known words, other language impairments (dysphasia)
  • Directional disorientation
  • Poor balance and coordination
  • Paresthesias in the upper limbs (tingling or burning sensations)
  • Short-term memory impairment
  • Confusion
  • Trouble concentrating
  • Staring into space before brain "kicks in"

Sensory Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Sensitivity to odors
  • Sensitivity to pressure changes, temperature & humidity
  • Sensitivity to light
  • Sensitivity to noises
  • Sensory overload

Emotional Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Panic attacks
  • Depression (as an overlapping condition)
  • Tendency to cry easily
  • Free-floating anxiety (not associated with situation or object)
  • Mood swings
  • Unaccountable irritability

Heart-Related Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Rapid, fluttery, irregular heartbeat
  • Pain that mimics heart attack, frequently from costochondritis (as an overlapping condition)

Skin, Hair & Nail-Related Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Pronounced nail ridges
  • Mottled skin
  • Bruising or scarring easily
  • Tissue overgrowth (non-cancerous tumours called lipomas, ingrown hairs, heavy and splitting cuticles, adhesions)

Miscellaneous Fibromyalgia Symptoms

  • Hemorrhoids
  • Nose bleeds 

No comments:

Post a Comment