Sunday 12 January 2014

Disasters

Life is filled with disasters.  As much as anyone would like to stay positive and say it does not happen as much as I am implying, it would just not be true.  Certainly not every disaster affects every person but there can be no denying that the world is full of them.

My life seems to be filled with one disaster after another with barely a pause in between.  I am trying to resolve them, find ways to cope with them or if I can manage it, to avoid them.  So tonight we clear out the toys from DD's bedroom and they will be stored in a closet in the hallway.  No more dumping all of the toys all over the bedroom and not cleaning them up before moving on to a new toy.  This will be treated like a library where she must sign out items with Mommy or Daddy.  She must put the other items neatly back in their places before getting any more out.

My hope is that we can have the added benefit of all distractions being in this closet (except for books) so that she will have nothing to do when sent to her room for a time out, or to tidy it.  She will have the option to read and that is all.

In my recent down mood I have been lax on her and not demanded that her routine be completed.  She still does not get electronic time or play dates because of it.  But I will not be letting her just spend the day playing in her room all day when she has responsibilities.  She wants us to do everything for her.  She expects us to wait on her hand and foot.  It will not happen.  She is now nine years old, she can make her own sandwiches and pour her own milk.  She has some "issues" but those things are things she has been able to do for a couple years at least!

Anyway, I'm done my little rant.  I expect by now that DH has put the heavy item up and away for me by now and I can continue my attack on the disasters that have been laying claim to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment