Saturday 1 February 2014

The day of Amazing People

Today started well enough, woke up and had a cup of coffee.  I went to bed at about 10pm last night and got to sleep in until 8am.  DH slept on the couch (fell asleep watching a movie again) so it was a bit lonely in that bed by myself.  I let him know how I felt and he's going to try to come to bed with me and not sleep on the couch.  I think it is important in our healing relationship that we sleep together, hug more and talk openly about exactly how we feel.  It's not easy after the betrayal that I have felt however I am willing to try.  He is a good man and he does take good care of me.  He can be an amazing person.

I took my DD to pick up my amazing friend PC and her son DC.  DC and my DD have similar "issues" and they are very close in age.  We hoped that they would get along well and we got our wish.  They played together very well and frankly much calmer than my DD plays with other friends or on her own.  We drove to Tim Horton's before going to the downtown market because one coffee is just not enough for PC.  At the market we met a young woman from China going to university locally.  She made jewelry with traditional Chinese braiding and hand painted ceramics.  To say they were beautiful or that she is talented would be an understatement.  She is amazing.

One of my favourite amazing people has a table at the market and I love to visit and chat with her. Her name is Ashley Hanna and she is the owner/founder/creator of Hanna-Made-Soaps.  I approached her table and asked her for her recommendation for a soap that my husband and I could use.  In Toronto we had a lady that sold us "black soap" for our skin "issues" and we wanted to find something similar after we moved away and couldn't order for delivery.  She gave me a suggestion along with a free sample and we were hooked.  I love her products, and being a small business woman myself I do what I can to help spread the word of her fabulous products.  I had a short chat with her today and picked up a sample of soap made solely with olive oil to have my DH try along with a chocolate scented one that I cannot wait to try out!

The market here has the best egg vendor in the area.  At OK Egg Farms they sell grade B eggs 2.5 dozen for $5.50!  The owner there told me that I was welcome to come on out to the farm any day to buy eggs there if I can't make it to the market.  I always get disappointed when I can't get to the market to buy my yummy fresh eggs.  She gave me a map and pointed out exactly where to go and what highway to take to get there.  Amazing.

Coming out of the market to a mess of white and brown was not very pleasant however we safely arrived at our next destination: my home, to drop off our market shopping and pick up the Groupon that my DH had given me for Christmas.  I was going to be late since the roads were horrendous so my DH called in advance, leaving a message and hoping it got through to her.  I headed over to drop off PC, DC and my DD at PC's house and was on my way to my very first Acupressure Massage.

Atlas Yoga Studio is a warm and inviting place.  There are comfy couches to lounge while awaiting your class or service.  There is a large open space that can be transformed to fit all the needs of the studio staff.  This is where I met the most amazing woman I have met in a very long time.  Her name is Yuumi and she is certified in Five Elements Acupressure, Foot Reflexology and Thai Yoga Massage.  She is in training to be a yoga instructor as well.  She was kind to wait almost 45 minutes for me to finally show up and even kinder to work a little extra long with me due to the severity of my concerns.  In such a small amount of time she was able to begin to release the emotional stress that has debilitated my body, mind and soul.  She explained to me that my Muladhara (Root) chakra is depleted and most likely has been all of my life.  The trauma that I had experienced in my formative years had taken the feeling of safety and stability.  You hear about people having "Daddy issues" all the time on television, I have "Mommy issues".  I didn't have a loving and nurturing mother, I did not feel safe.  And as an infant that must have been frightening.  I was given the task of facing my childhood.  To look at the horrors that I faced then and let them go.  It is how I will heal.

I was invited to come back for a yoga class when I am able to join them.  I am excited for this chance as I feel so powerfully about Yuumi and the work that she does.  I hope to see her many more times along this journey of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment