Wednesday 5 February 2014

Not Enough Spoons

For those of you that have no idea what I am referring to, please read about The Spoon Theory.

My DH was right.  And he will rejoice to see this in print and for the entire world to read.  He is rarely right, after all, so it is cause for celebration. *giggles* This morning he texted me to advise against going anywhere.  He plainly said that I did not have enough spoons to clear off the car.  I relaxed and ate and was able to recoup another spoon so I bundled up and headed out to do some errands.

Bad idea.

My stubbornness would not allow me to just give up so I struggled to get the car cleared off and then I drove it over to appointment number one.  Before I even got there I decided that nothing was worth driving around in this, I had a hard enough time getting out of my own driveway, could only go about 20-30kph the whole trip there and got stuck once I found the right place.  So I headed home right after the appointment worrying about how my husband was going to fare in these conditions.  He works in another city and the transit is not pleasant.  He has to walk about 30 minutes just to get to the bus stop.  And I worry about my daughter walking home from school in this weather, and I worry about not getting the errands done that I wanted to.  With all this worrying I developed a panic attack.

To make matters worse I have a very sore arm that sends sharp pains all over it when I move it most ways.  I also cannot hold anything substantial in my right hand due to pain and weakness.  Not even my glass of water.

So my spoons have depleted to nearly gone by getting clothes on, clearing my car off, driving to an appointment, driving back and getting comfortable clothes back on. (PS they are called pj's) Oh, and the panic attack took away a couple spoons too.

Did I mention that I hate it when he's right?

No comments:

Post a Comment