Tuesday 18 February 2014

Healthy Snacking

I had been on the lookout for an easy to make granola bar recipe for a very long time.  Granola bars are a staple in my home and my family gobbles them up quicker than I can buy them! I'm so glad I found this very easy and very flexible granola bar recipe.
 
Healthy Easy No-Bake Granola Bars
Ingredients:
1/4 cuppeanut butter (or no-nut butter)
1/4cup honey
1&1/2cups quick oats
1 cupdates (or sultana raisins)
1-2cups Other Stuff
Other Stuff (suggestions):
Nuts of your choice
Cranberries
Pre-mixed granola (this will make a slightly more crumbly bar)
Chocolate chips
Sunflower Seeds
Pepitas
Cinnamon
Mini Marshmellows
Flax Seed
Hemp Seed
Vanilla Extract
Instructions:
Put dates (raisins) in a blender/food processor and chop until ball forms (about
one minute) and set into bowl.
Add oats and "other stuff" to bowl and set aside.
Heat peanut butter and honey in saucepan until combined and warm.
Pour mixture over ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
Press into 8"x8" wax paper lined pan and put in the fridge/freezer for about
15 minutes.
Cut into bars and enjoy, keep all leftovers refrigerated!
Originally from :  The Minimalist Baker
My version is slightly different

No comments:

Post a Comment