Wednesday 23 October 2013

It's been a while

This morning I had to give my DD a spank. We try not to do it at all however there are occasions when I have warned her that the punishment for a certain action would be "a spank on the bum". Things that I want her to remember are important and her realize we are very serious. One rule in our house is no food in the bedrooms. She had a tantrum this morning in which she pushed her bed away from the wall. What did I find there? A half eaten waffle.
I didn't yell at her, I didn't get in her face. I calmly asked her if she remembers what I told her would happen if I found food in her room again. She didn't. So, I reminded her. She screamed and begged me not to. I sat on her bed and asked her to come to me. I was calm and collected and just repeated over and over until she moved her hand and let me give her one swat. And that was it.
She has calmed now and she is doing her routine. She's been told now that she is not allowed to have breakfast on her own any more. She will need to wake me up so that I can monitor her. I plan to do this for about a week and hope for the best.
Mornings in our home are like a box of chocolates...

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment