Wednesday 5 March 2014

Medical Update

This might be a bit too much for some, so be warned.

Yesterday I had day surgery, cervical cryoablation.  There was no anesthetic though, and with the fibro the pain kept getting worse well past the time the doctor said it should have leveled out.  Dealing with the after effects of this procedure is not something I want to go  into too much detail about.  Lets just say....ewwww....and leave it at that.

It was before the doctor went in that I learned something new.  His prognosis; PCOS.  That is the abbreviation for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  I feel like I might be some nefarious higher powers' beta test.  How much can one woman handle?  How many things can I load onto her before she breaks?

The list so far:
Depression (multiple kinds I've been told)
Anxiety
IBS
Fibromyalgia
Knock Knees
Arthritis
Acid Reflux
Extreme Light Sensitive
Chronic Post Nasal Drip
Tinnitus
ADHD
Headaches/Migraines
Costochondritis
Hemroids
and welcome PCOS!

The sad thing is that this is by no means a complete list of the "issues" with my body medically.  They are simply the ones that are basically separate medical conditions of their own.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that the acid reflux, the IBS and chronic Post nasal Drip are all apart of the Fibro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My understanding is that they are considered "Overlapping Conditions". Like if a normally healthy person has this it's a condition on it's own not necessarily just a symptom of another condition. At least I think. LOL

    ReplyDelete